ENERGY TRADING COMPANY
License and registration requirements research
Energy trading company requested assistance with research on license and registration requirements based on business operation scenarios.
- Conducted multiple workshops with the client to determine business operations.
- Applied taxing jurisdiction requirements to business operations of client.
- Identified technology needs within the indirect tax determination system for client and confirmed scope with client.
- Provided client with draft templates for approval by schedulers and other users of the information.
- Agreed on deliverable format.
- Assigned project tasks to staff with appropriate level of experience to conduct statutory research and technology solution development.
- Successfully delivered advice on state requirements and best practices related to license and registration pertaining to motor fuel tax and environmental fees.
- Delivered research findings in Matrix format.
- Met client’s need to identify operating options to minimize indirect tax exposure.
- Developed technology solutions to meet client’s specific needs for tax determination.