Khristine is a Principal and co-founder of Tax Advisory Services Group, LLC. Her focus is in the area of state and federal motor fuels tax, sales tax advisory, tax process automation, and tax systems implementation.
Khristine serves as a Subject Matter Expert in indirect tax technical discussions and she has a lead role in functional design of integrated indirect tax system solutions. She is responsible for delivering innovative solutions to tax clients in business process improvement, information systems development, package implementation, business process co-sourcing, and tax advisory services.
Khristine was formerly a Senior Manager in Deloitte Tax LLP’s Multistate Tax Practice. She led the Houston and India service teams in tax research engagements, indirect tax licensing/ registration projects, tax compliance, and co-sourcing projects. Prior to joining Deloitte in 2007, Khristine worked as a Project Manager at FuelQuest where she managed software implementation projects with respect to ZyTax products – Tax Determination, ZyTax Enterprise, and GL reconciliation and ZyArchive. She also provided business consulting and project management services to clients in the areas of downstream petroleum supply chain management and motor fuel tax calculation and reporting.
From 2002 to 2005, Khristine served as the lead Tax Technology Analyst in BP Products North America where she implemented an indirect tax compliance reporting system for over 50 US jurisdictions. She was responsible for requirements gathering, design, configuration, testing and delivery of tax automation solution. Prior to this position, Khristine was a Senior Consultant at Arthur Andersen LLP from 1999 to 2002 where she worked in the areas of tax compliance, general ledger reconciliation and motor fuels reporting.
Khristine received a Bachelor’s of Business Administration and Finance degree from Houston Baptist University and Master of Science Accounting degree from the University of St. Thomas. She is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Oracle Database Administrator and Microsoft Certified Professional.
- Indirect Tax Technical resource for SolArcRightAngle integration team. Responsible for tax requirements gathering, configuration of SolArc Right Angle Tax Module, tax scenario prototyping, and execution.
ZyTax 5 Implementation
- Subject Matter Expert in tax technical discussions. Lead role in functional and tax technical design of the Blueprint/Design Documents. Lead role in validating tax requirements, identifying process and system functionalities, and tax data.
Energy Trading Company
- Responsible for delivery of US federal and state excise motor fuel taxes and fees research for refined products and other hydrocarbons to satisfy Tax Determination Bolt-on System Profile Configuration for fifty-two jurisdictions based on Client’s footprint in the US. Facilitated work sessions with Indirect Tax Support Team and Tax Counsel to assist in incorporating Tax Requirements Documentation into Functional Design Documents and Technical Design Documents
Refined Petroleum Products Company
- Responsible for tax requirements gathering, configuration of SolArc Right Angle Tax Module, tax scenario prototyping, and execution.
Refiner, Marketer and Energy Company based in Canada
- Responsible for analysis, evaluation and tax research of motor fuel tax determination for sales and acquisition of refined products. Worked with Business and IT teams on interfaces for Refinery output (SMS system, Crude and FTZ feeds) and Midstream output (Allegro system) to ZyTax Compliance interface. Provided technical consulting and project management services in motor fuel reporting for US operations. Managed ZyTax Compliance, Tax Determination, and GL Reconciliation implementation projects.
Refined Petroleum Products Pipeline Company and Midstream Companies in Canada
- Provided assistance in creating Federal and State fuels tax determination rules for SolArc Right Angle implementation. Provided tax advisory services.
Global Lubricant Company
- Responsible for implementation and testing of Fuel/Lubricant management system supply chain solution.
Fuel, Oil, Chemical and Lubricant Products Supplier
- Provided tax technical consulting and project management services in motor fuel tax reporting and sales tax reporting. Worked with third party vendors on implementing tax-bolt on system to SAP.